En estos diálogos breves las personas se refieren a los sustantivos contables y no contables que expresan cantidades. Para ampliar el trabajo con los estudiantes se sugiere visitar la secuencia didáctica «Sustantivos: contables y no contables».
– We need to go shopping.
– Why? We have a lot of food in the fridge. There are potatoes, onions, tomatoes, cheese...
– Yes, but we don't have much tea, coffee or milk. And Mary is coming for teatime.
– You're right. Let's go.
– How is your new school?
– I love it! I've got a lot of friends and many excellent teachers. The library has lots of books and a few sports and cars magazines in English. It's fantastic!
– How much money do you have, mum?
– Why, Tom?
– I want lots of sweets, many biscuits and a few chocolates.
– I've got a lot of coins. But not for your sweets and chocolates, my dear!