Estos diálogos breves muestran formas amables de expresar negatividad frente a distintas acciones. Para ampliar el trabajo con los estudiantes se sugiere visitar la secuencia didáctica «Por favor, gracias...».
– Can you please turn off the TV?
– I'm sorry, but I'm watching it. I can turn it down if you want.
– What would you like?
– I'm looking for a white T-shirt.
– I'm afraid we don't have any right now. Would you like to see a different colour?
– Could you please open the window?
– I'm afraid I can't. Would you mind opening it yourself?
– Would you like to go to the cinema with me?
– I'm afraid I can't. I've got other plans.